Flower naming events are a venerated tradition in Europe and the International Floriculture Expo feels privileged to bring this tradition stateside at the 10th Annual Flower Naming Ceremony! This ceremony honors floral industry pioneers who have made a significant impact over the course of their career. The ceremony will take place on Thursday, June 20th.
Honorees are chosen by a panel of floral industry leaders each year. If you know someone who has made a significant contribution to the floral industry, please nominate them below.
Past recipients include:
2018 Bradley Gaines, United Supermarkets
2017 John Simko, Sunshine Bouquet Company
2016 Jim Daly, Smithers Oasis
2015 Maxine Burton, burton + BURTON
2014 Kathy Hession, Roundy’s Supermarkets
2013 Anna Ball, Ball SB
2012 Cindy Hanauer, Grand Central Floral
2011 Stan Pohmer, Pohmer Consulting Group
2010 Bobbi Ecker-Blatchford, The Flora Pros
Submit your nominations before May 1, 2019!
The criteria below is representative of the past recipients honored at the International Floriculture Expo. This serves as a guideline for submitting, however nominations are not limited to the criteria below.
He or she…
- Is an active retailer, supplier or educator in the floriculture industry
- Is a life-long member of the floriculture industry
- Has worked in numerous retail and/or supply segments of the industry
- Holds a position of VP or higher within her/his current organization
- Has had major impact and influence in areas outside of her/his current realm of responsibility
- Is a public figure in the floriculture industry
- Has served the industry in a volunteer capacity
- Maintains a high standard of interpersonal conduct and reputation within the industry
Please tell us about your nomination below