2022 Flower Naming Nominations are now open for submissions
Flower naming events are a venerated tradition in Europe and Floriexpo feels privileged to bring this tradition stateside at the 13th Annual Flower Naming Ceremony! This ceremony honors floral industry pioneers who have made a significant impact over the course of their career.
Nominations are now closed. We are excited to announce the 2022 honoree at Floriexpo on June 8th.
Thank you to our flower sponsor, BALL!
Congratulations to the 2021 Flower Naming Recipient,
The 2021 newly named flower is Sarah’s Brush Chrysanthemum
Past recipients include:
2020 Ghean Maksimow, Bow Genie International
2019 Lane Devries, The Sun Valley Group
2018 Bradley Gaines, United Supermarkets
2017 John Simko, Sunshine Bouquet Company
2016 Jim Daly, Smithers Oasis
2015 Maxine Burton, burton + BURTON
2014 Kathy Hession, Roundy’s Supermarkets
2013 Anna Ball, Ball SB
2012 Cindy Hanauer, Grand Central Floral
2011 Stan Pohmer, Pohmer Consulting Group
2010 Bobbi Ecker-Blatchford, The Flora Pros
The criteria below is representative of the past recipients honored at Floriexpo. This serves as a guideline for submitting, however nominations are not limited to the criteria below.
- Is an active retailer, supplier or educator in the floriculture industry
- Is a life-long member of the floriculture industry
- Has worked in numerous retail and/or supply segments of the industry
- Holds a position of VP or higher within her/his current organization
- Has had major impact and influence in areas outside of her/his current realm of responsibility
- Is a public figure in the floriculture industry
- Has served the industry in a volunteer capacity
- Maintains a high standard of interpersonal conduct and reputation within the industry